- Senior UX Designer
- Senior Copywriter
- Lead Instructional Designer
- Reporter and Contributing Editor
- Teacher and Tutor
If she didn’t know how to do it, she learned how to quickly, creating an exciting career journey with experience in multiple fields.
Positions She’s Held
- Ascena Retail
- McGraw-Hill Education
- Nationwide Insurance
- Verizon Wireless
- El Toro Interactive
- Fahlgren Mortine
- The Creative Lab
- The Shipyard
- Co-Leader of IxDA Columbus
- Columbus Web Group
- Experience Design with Agile and Lean UX Columbus
- TechLife Columbus
Her Career Journey
Advertising and marketing for local real estate company.
Reporter, photographer, and layout designer for weekly newspaper.
Freelance copywriter for print and digital collateral.
Started UX work and design thinking processes.
Freelance writer and website designer while getting master’s degree.
Instructional designer, UX designer, and Professional Storyteller.
Continued Education and Growth
Below are classes and certifications completed or in progress.
- Mass Communication and Social Issues (OSU)
- Professional Writing Minor (OSU)
- Master of Arts in Teaching (NCSU)
- Study Abroad, Diversity Program (Brazil)
- UX Research Fundamentals
- Foundations of UX: Content Strategy
- Advanced Branding
- Storytelling For Designers
- Data Visualizations Storytelling Essentials
- Effective Small Business Marketing
- Google AdWords for Small Businesses
- Systems Thinking Made Simple
- Analysis of Everyday Things
- Accessibility Features on Android & iOS
- IDEO, “Human Centered Design”
- Coursera, “Information Design”
- Coursera, “Design Thinking for Innovation”
- Khan Academy, “Pixar in a Box: The Art of Storytelling”